Job Description – Retail Architectural Staff
Graphite Design Group is looking for professional level self-motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our growing Retail Studio as we deliver fast-paced projects located nationwide for several national retail brands.
Architectural Staff is primarily responsible for supporting the project team in the development of design documentation and construction documents for projects of various complexity and scope. Under close guidance and direction from senior project team members, will be accountable for task delivery by fully completing tasks within the scheduled timeframe and budgeted hours for the project. Ensuring documents are accurate and complete while employing firm standards and adhering to the client’s design intent.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with the development of design and construction documentation in various project phases including plans, elevations, sections and details.
- Utilize Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp and other applications to produce drawings, 3D renderings and technical details.
- Seek out and utilize appropriate references to research and make decisions regarding technical detailing of building systems and application of building code requirements.
- Interaction with other team members, consultants, contractors, and clients in coordinating the project design.
- Opportunities to assist in site development, plan layout design, materials selection and construction cost estimates.
- Perform some Project Architect work including consultant coordination and client interface throughout the project.
- Attend site surveys.
- Maintain regular, in-person and punctual attendance.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture or related field.
- Working towards Architectural License and IDP
- Two years of experience with construction document preparation, architectural design or technical development work.
- Previous experience with retail projects is highly preferable.
- Knowledge of construction materials, standards and building codes.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Revit and AutoCAD and the use of it as a design tool is required.
- Ability to effectively execute project documentation and design intent is required.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines and priorities is required.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in a project team setting is required.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment, setting an example for others.
- Ability to travel domestically as needed is required.
We work hard at Graphite but recognize the importance of having fun while doing what we love. Social activities and group events are encouraged, like participating in community and volunteer events, sports teams, regular sketch group lunchtime outings, and monthly “happy hours” to celebrate new employees and birthdays, just to name a few.
We support flexible hours with our telecommuting policy while providing comprehensive and competitive benefits including full medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) matching and a commuter subsidy.
Employee development and growth are part of Graphite’s DNA, and we provide regular learning, training, and opportunities to attend conferences of interest and report back to the greater group.
At Graphite, design is a collaborative experience in which we encourage every employee to share their creativity, whether in team charrettes or everyday work, believing the best ideas remain yet to be discovered.
- 401(k) with Employer Matching
- Healthcare (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Life and Disability Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Public Transit Stipend
If you’re the successful candidate, you align with our Core Values of Integrity, Technical Know-How, Exceptional Client Service and Stewardship, and you’re a positive individual who works well independently as well as part of a dynamic and highly qualified team.