Job Description – Senior Project Architect
Graphite is seeking seasoned architect, licensed and a recognized technical expert with experience in high profile, design-driven projects. As a Senior Project Architect, it will be your job to lead the delivery for architectural projects of the highest quality. Your industry experience and technical skills will drive client projects from concept through construction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage clients, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV, landscape and civil consultants.
- Support communication among the breadth of the project team, including clients, vendors, contractors, consultants, and building and permitting jurisdictions.
- Provide technical guidance and innovative solutions to resolve complex technical and design challenges.
- Identify objectives and formulate options; conceptualize total project and establish key work priorities for development of design, scheduling and budgeting.
- Interpret design concepts by partnering with Senior Designers and translates them into workable construction systems; evaluates alternatives to develop solutions; maintains quality technical and design control.
- Prepare designs, working drawings, specifications and initiates and develops design and construction documents for projects.
- Coordinate and communicate regularly with managers, consultants, and team members regarding project status; ensures work meets clients’ requirements, is timely and completed within budget.
- Perform daily tasks during a project’s construction administration phase
- Maintain records to document phases of client/architect/contractor relationship and activities.
- May include conducting and documentation of site visits, process submittals, substitution requests, and RFI’s during construction
- May require domestic travel to visit clients and/or project sites.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Architecture or related field required.
- Architectural license required.
- LEED accreditation preferred
- Minimum fifteen years’ experience as a technical architect with experience in mixed-use, commercial, and/or retail projects.
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards, and building construction types
- Thorough knowledge of construction materials, standards and codes.
- Experience with Revit, AutoCAD, Bluebeam Revu, SketchUp, 3dMax, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), and MS Office.
- Minimum two years’ previous supervisory and personnel management desired.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively create presentations and communicate concepts to clients and associates using various software applications.
- Hand sketching ability desired.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined.
- Ability to understand, track, and meet project budgets.
- Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment, setting an example for others.
- Ability to travel as needed.
We work hard at Graphite but recognize the importance of having fun while doing what we love. Social activities and group events are encouraged, like participating in community and volunteer events, sports teams, regular sketch group lunchtime outings, and monthly “happy hours” to celebrate new employees and birthdays, just to name a few.
We support flexible hours with our telecommuting policy while providing comprehensive and competitive benefits including full medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) matching and a commuter subsidy.
Employee development and growth are part of Graphite’s DNA, and we provide regular learning, training, and opportunities to attend conferences of interest and report back to the greater group.
At Graphite, design is a collaborative experience in which we encourage every employee to share their creativity, whether in team charrettes or everyday work, believing the best ideas remain yet to be discovered.
- 401(k) with Employer Matching
- Healthcare (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Life and Disability Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Public Transit Stipend
If you’re the successful candidate, you align with our Core Values of Integrity, Technical Know-How, Exceptional Client Service and Stewardship, and you’re a positive individual who works well independently as well as part of a dynamic and highly qualified team.