Job Description – Senior Project Manager
This is a fully competent professional architect who manages the development and completion of one or more major/complex projects/development programs in a manner consistent with firm-wide standards for client and project delivery. Possess overall project responsibility including client relationship, scheduling, budgeting and construction administration and is accountable for the quality of work performed, client service and profitability.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages large or programmatically complex projects consistent with firm-wide standards for project delivery.
- Engages in business development activities, develops client relationships, leads/coordinates proposal preparation and makes presentations.
- Negotiates contracts with clients; assist in the selection of consultants and negotiate fee and contract arrangements (including additional services).
- Selects project team members, directs and reviews the work of the project team, including other “sub-project” managers as necessary.
- Assists in collection of past due accounts receivables.
- Responsible for overall project profitability.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or related field required.
- Architectural license required.
- Fifteen years or experience as a professional architect, including three years of experience as a Project Manager with client and contractor interface required.
- Advanced knowledge of construction materials, standards and codes required.
- Minimum three years previous supervisory and personnel management required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan and organize the work of others towards defined deliverables and targeted schedules.Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined.
- Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment, setting an example for others.
We work hard at Graphite but recognize the importance of having fun while doing what we love. Social activities and group events are encouraged, like participating in community and volunteer events, sports teams, regular sketch group lunchtime outings, and monthly “happy hours” to celebrate new employees and birthdays, just to name a few.
We support flexible hours with our telecommuting policy while providing comprehensive and competitive benefits including full medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) matching and a commuter subsidy.
Employee development and growth are part of Graphite’s DNA, and we provide regular learning, training, and opportunities to attend conferences of interest and report back to the greater group.
At Graphite, design is a collaborative experience in which we encourage every employee to share their creativity, whether in team charrettes or everyday work, believing the best ideas remain yet to be discovered.
- 401(k) with Employer Matching
- Healthcare (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Life and Disability Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Public Transit Stipend
If you’re the successful candidate, you align with our Core Values of Integrity, Technical Know-How, Exceptional Client Service and Stewardship, and you’re a positive individual who works well independently as well as part of a dynamic and highly qualified team.