Vulcan Real Estate
Known most recently as the City Hardware Building, this historic site was originally owned by the prominent Denny family and has had many lives since its construction as a Sand & Gravel warehouse in 1927. Designated a landmark by the City of Seattle, keeping the building’s presence alive and relevant in the community was a design objective from day one. Joining the historic corner lot with its southern neighbor, the combined property seeks to capitalize on development potential while still respecting the existing structure. Removing years of paint, the original concrete structure and industrial sash windows laid the design foundation for the new tower.